Woohoo! Yall I am definitely patting myself on the back for making it three full weeks and now I am headed into the last week for month one! Holy freaking cow. I honestly did not think that I would make it this far.
And on top of that I will say that this is one of the best things I have challenged myself to do. I am learning that all the crap in our closets is not worth all the money we spend. There are so many ways to take a few pieces and mix and match to make new outfits. In three weeks I have only repeated a complete outfit ONCE! Yep you read that correctly – one time! Now I am wearing the same pieces but when you pair it with a different cardigan or bottoms, it’s totally new in my book!
So I am going to answer a few questions that I have heard over the past three weeks. Here we go…
- What did you do with all of your other clothes? I threw them all away – HAHA! Just kidding! I bought a few bins and stored them in there. Why? Well I didn’t want the temptation of looking at all my other choices. I need to keep my eye on the prize!
- Can you swap clothing out? NO! Big fat no! The only exception to this is if you have an item of clothing that tears or gets a stain on it that cannot be removed. Now don’t go pouring bleach over something so you can swap it out. After this challenge you may regret that!
- Do shoes count? Absolutely! They most certainly do. I have four pair. So that left me with 29 items of clothing.
- Did you count jewelry and handbags? I did not count jewelry or handbags, but I only wear one pair of earrings, one watch, two bracelets that I never take off, and only handbag. That’s all and no swapping on those either.
- Do you think you will go back to your other clothing when you are done? Most definitely but I will be donating a lot as well. I am realizing there is a lot of stuff I do not need and just collects dust hanging in my closet.
There you have it! Just a few questions that I have heard A LOT over the past few weeks. I’m sure I’ll come across some more as this goes further along.
Check out the pictures below for a recap of week three and I’ll be back soon!